How do we use your personal information?
We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services / communications for the benefit of our customers
- to identify and prevent fraud
- to enhance the security of our network and information systems
- to better understand how people interact with our websites
- to provide communications which we think will be of interest to you
- to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please click here. Please bear in mind that if you object, this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit.
Click here to learn more about what we mean by legitimate interests, and when we process your data for our legitimate interests. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish and, if you wish to do so, please click here.
For more information on your rights, please see “Your Rights” section below.
LEGITIMATE INTEREST ASSESSMENT
- Identifying a Legitimate Interest
What is the purpose for processing the Personal Data and why is it important to Dressing for Dinner as a Controller?
We receive communications from clients or potential clients requesting our professional assistance with planning their events. We need to capture and store their personal information in order to:
- process their request
- respond to it
- submit proposals
- assist with the execution of the events
- pass on contact details to relevant third parties, for example suppliers with whom our clients wish to enter into a contract for the provision of services we have organised on our clients’ behalf.
- follow up after the event
- plan future events
This information includes, where absolutely necessary:
- First and last name
- Job Title
- Business email address (or personal email address if enquiry is not from a corporate client)
- Business telephone number (or personal, as above)
- Company name, address, telephone number
- Necessity Test
Dressing for Dinner considers that this processing of data is business critical for the execution of our business and that there is no other reasonable method of processing the data.
- Carrying out a Balancing Test
We have evaluated how this data processing might impact on the rights and freedoms of individuals and we believe that there would be a reasonable expectation of each individual that the data supplied to us voluntarily would be stored and processed as part of our business processes. Furthermore, the type of data we will store as shown above is not considered “critical” and thus requiring additional protection under the terms of the legislation. The processing also adds value and convenience for both the company and its clients and is in the interests of the individual. We do not believe that there would be any negative impact on any individual.
You have the right to withdraw consent, to object to processing, to request rectification/erasure, or submit a Subject Access Request. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email Jim Tuck on firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to lodge a complaint about how your information is handled.
In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). Please visit:
Safeguards to ensure personal data is kept secure
a. Company servers – these are password protected
b. Company computers and laptops – these are password protected
Sharing personal data with other organisations
We will pass on necessary personal data to relevant third parties, for example suppliers with whom our clients wish to enter into a contract for the provision of services we have organised on our clients’ behalf. In this example, we would provide name, company name and address, email address and company phone number.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you give us permission.
Using links on our website.
Any external links are not our responsibility. If you click on a link to an external site, it will be subject to that organisation’s privacy policies, not those of Dressing for Dinner.